Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Rising Tide

It had all the elements of a typical Hollywood film. Away from home, slight drizzle (in replace of snow), Christmas carols in the background, gloomy clouds, nice fancy decoration and Christmas lightings and a good company to share and enjoy the time with.

I just realised again how blessed I am to be where I am right now in life. The beloved housemate left for holidays today and i now know how he felt when I was away but i thank God that so far, I'm handling it well. Instead of seeing misfortunes, i choose to see the opportunities available. And i thank God for this new change of perspectives. Hopefully, it's a sign of more to come.

Christmas is approaching; this will be my first time celebrating Christmas without my family, if memory serves me right, and yes, i'm missing them terribly but again, I'm choosing to focus on the opportunity to celebrate Christmas as how i see it should be done and not to forget the opportunity to celebrate it in a different country with a great bunch of friends and brothers and sisters.

I'm reminded again of The Best Gift of all that mankind could ever receive. 

Thank You.

Work is starting this Monday. I'm pretty excited about it actually. Hello 5 days a week 9-5 working in a pharmacy. Let's see where this goes. Pray for me. That I will try to be a light for Him in an already broken world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying for you

Anonymous said...

hey u working 5 days weekly only?? lucky nyerrrr