Thursday, November 6, 2008

Elections

‘Americans never quit. We never surrender. We never hide from history, we make history.’

 -John McCain, in his Concession Speech, after losing to Barack Obama in the US Presidential campaign

 

Indeed, the much talked and discussed about US Presidential campaign has finally come to an end. It really has been an interesting journey. After all the immense resources spent on campaigning, I am very much grateful that the next President of the USA has been elected. I think that the money spent on campaigning should have been put to better use.

 Listening to Barack Obama’s winning speech, I can’t help wonder whether are there any hidden agendas. Then again, I’m sure all politicians have ‘other agendas’. Where did they get all the money for their campaigns? From private investors I reckon. It’s interesting to see how Barack’s stand on pro-choice, stem cell research and homosexuality marriages would affect the local and global community.

I’ve only took a recent interest in ‘adult-y’ things recently, must be due to the whole realization that hey, I’m growing up and pretty soon, I’ve to fend for myself (haha) in this Beautifully created place called Earth but has been polluted by us.

Barack’s winning speech was certainly inspiring while John’s one was filled with grace and humility. Both I’m sure are great leaders and we can all learn a thing from do.

Man, just read about Proposition 8. A motion being voted in California that will either legalize or NOT gay marriages.

In the midst of all this, what does a Child of the Most High do?

On his knees.

Some of the things I will be praying for tonight (so that you can pray with me too):

-The USA and that God's will for the country will come forth

-Persecuted brothers and sisters in the the country of Uganda

-A very special brother who i deeply miss and love serving Him in the country of Indonesia

-A sister who received good news

-A brother who is leaving for Malaysia after finishing his studies here in Adelaide

-Myself, that i will stay true to Him and to what He has called me to.

No comments: