Saturday, August 29, 2009

1 week down, 51 more to go..

Finished my first ever 6 days working week today. My rotation is set up in a way that will give me a 4 days working week, but that would mean extra work on some of the weeks and I so happen started in the week where i had to do a 6 days one.

Week 1: 5 days
Week 2: 6 days
Week 3: 4 days (my favourite...duhh!)
Week 4: 6 days

I still have my job..thank God :)

And this was how I celebrated my first week. I had a huge craving for McD's fries the whole day today and so right after work, went to the nearest McD's and ordered their new Angas beef burger value meal, for those who know what I'm talking about, you just got to try it. It's DA BOMB! haha..it was oh so satisfying! probably also due to the fact that I only had a cup of tea for lunch and some biscuits bcoz it was raining oh-so-heavily and i couldn't go out to get something. Will probably need to start packing food or keeping snacks in the locker or something..

Came back home, played 'Nigel Kennedy: Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra', swung open the balcony windows and took one of the nicest nap I've ever had. It just stopped raining so the weather was just perfect and the birds were singing too!. Pure bliss...and did i mention, a bird built her nest in the tree in front of the balcony so every morning, i get to see her sitting on her eggs.

Work has been interesting. I got to think of combinations of ties, shirts and jumpers/cardigans to wear for the past few days (not that I have many, even more the need to mix and match)..haha..on a serious note, I'm beginning to understand the responsibilties that come up with 'growing up'. And even more the role I potentially playing or if not already in someone else's well being. Most of my friends/colleagues knew that already when they were in uni and i somehow only realise it now..i can be a bit blur sometimes but oh well..

While I was enjoying my Angas beef at McD's, i saw this family that came in, and could tell that it was really a treat for the kids to have McD's. They were so cute in their raincoat and were all smiling so happily. And it came back to me again, the reminder of how blessed I am and how fortunate that I am to be in where I am in life. Even with all the complains that I pour out to Him, He still loves me and gives me more than what I need. How can I not be amazed by this Love. and He knows what makes me smile, what cheers me up when I'm down..He knows us more than we know ourselves..how can we not fall down and worship..

We have been blessed to bless others, one of my life principles..

2 Corinthians 5:14 For the love of Christ compels us...

and so dear reader, I thank you for taking the time to have an interest in my life and for stopping by here when you do and I hope you continue to do so, and I hope that these life stories that I have may be of some use to you.

No comments: