Friday, August 14, 2009

Growing up

And Dad's leaving this Sunday. That will end what was one of the most cherished 2 weeks of 2009 for me so far. And you can imagine, the bulk of our conversations were around the themes of growing up. Cars, stock market, investments, 5 - 10 yr goal plans and what all those things where you only hear 'grown ups' talk about. And of course, your typical family bickering. :)

'Uncle Wei Jin'...

haha. Time to grow up.

I guess there comes a point in time in life when you realised, 'Woah, i can't last as long as before on the jogging field' or when suddenly, you are interested in a company's performance in the stock market. I think I'm there right now.

God willing, I will be starting work soon. I am really excited about it but I realised also that ends a chapter in my life and the start of a new one. And the responsiblities that comes with it in one sense, excites me but also causes me to be a bit more cautious in my decisions and how I use my resources. I think also of the vast opportunities that are before me, of what I can do and experience and boy..i can't wait. And I realise how things change just like that. It was just like yesterday I was playing football kaki ayam in the house garden with my bro, being chased around by mum to not damage her pots and plants and now, i'm on the brink of starting work as a pharmacist intern.

Things change so fast and I would say, I sometimes fear change or take a long time to adapt and I always want to cling on to something which is 'safe' and 'stable'.

In the midst of all these, I am reminded of One who is unchangable, who is certain and who holds true to who He say He is. A friend just recent gave me a study on the Doctrine of the 'Evangelicals' and the first study was on the infallibilty and the inerrancy of the Word of God.

A portion from Scripture:
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Mum left a copy of this month's edition of Reader's Digest. This months special report was on Men's midlife survival guide. haha. And there was a page on quotes and I would like to share 2 with you which I thought was rather..amusing...and i guess a bit true...just a lil bit...haha.

In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.
-Margaret Thatcher-

In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play.
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

No comments: