Friday, October 23, 2009

Just like that. .

And just like that, October's coming to an end and we will be into our 'last leg' for the year 09.

I was recently convinced by Ms Lee (all the way from UK) to go out to get the book, 'Boundaries in dating.' by Dr Henry Cloud and Dr John Townsend. I never thought i would invest in a book on relationships. The last and only book I have ever read on relationships was 'I kissed dating goodbye' by Joshua Harris. (I 'borrowed' it from a friend and haven't returned it..haha)

Interesting point: Cloud and Townsend made some remarks to debunk Harris' thoughts on dating in their first chapter. I was like, Woah, these 2 books would probably be the only books I will ever read on relationships and they potentially would offer 2 different views. But then again, I like to read/listen/hear what others think/say hence also the sudden impulse to invest in a book on relationships.

Just finished an autobiography-like book on Rees Howells and also 'A backpack and a bit of luck,' by Zhang Su Li, that was an enjoyable read.

The other books that I'm currently taking my time through also are 'Your Church. . can make a World of Difference' by Allan Webb and 'Coffee on the Terrace' by Bruce Grayden, a Wycliffe missionary who was based in the Phillipines.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

G'day Wei Jin!
I was interested to see you were reading my book! c",)
What did you think of it?
I hope that question doesn't cause any embarrassment...
Blessings,
Bruce