Monday, August 4, 2008

Lifesong

[Amazing grace currently being played in the backgroud]

I thank God for movies like 'Amazing Grace'. I finally had the opportunity to watch the movie after wanting to watch it for oh-so-long but never really had the chance and time.

William Wilberforce or Wilby as mentioned by his wife in the movie interests me. To have something you are so passionate about and to give your whole life up for it is something very admirable and i shudder at the thought that He may do that with me too. Sometimes, i feel like i have 'closed the door' on Him to put desires in my heart for fear that it will consume me.

Interestingly enough, i just had a conversation with the Joker in Perth about our purposes on Earth. I know we are called to 'go forth and multiply', to 'go make disciples of all nations', to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever etc. We were talking more specifics.

Like being called to fight the oppression of human beings or something to that effect, or being a father (i've come to see that there's a calling in that too), etc.

Let's see what happens.

Isaiah 26:8 Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you;
your name and renown are the desires of our hearts.
9a My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you.
----
Did i mention how much i love hymns? To come up with lines like, 'i was once blind but now i see' when one is blind. Wow. (from the original Amazing Grace by John Newton, go wiki him.hehe) Still, credit to Chris Tomlin for coming up with a remake of 'Amazing Grace' but there's always a financial side when songwriters today come up with songs. Don't get me wrong, i like Chris T and the stuffs that he has come up with. I believe He is also using people like him for His purposes.

I just love songs written from the heart, purely from one's individual life experiences with God and with no financial incentives and all that sorts.

I was talking to mum about it. Hymns, in general, will appeal to people with more life experiences as they have come to appreciation of what the authors really meant when they wrote what they wrote and it just gives more depth when singing it. Simply because, they understand and may have also gone through similar life experiences.

Pampered jokers like me, well, we need people like Chris T to come up remake of old hymns to appeal to our taste musically and hopefully, when 'caught' by the song, we will do our own search and appreciate the words used and thoughts suggested AND...

Worship Him.

:)

----
Ended up not going for Passion KL. I gave my ticket away. First was Hillsongs, now this. haha. Oh well...
----
Praise God. I can walk on one crutch now and have even tried limping around the house without crutches. I say limping as i still can't fully bend the knee so when without the crutch, i look like i'm hobbling or limping around. Bruises are also slowly disappearing away too. And yes, i hit 90 degrees already, did 100 actually yesterday :) Achieved my target to only use one crutch by this week. For the coming week, my target would be to hit the gyms. Let's see. Been pushing myself like crazy in physios.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"hobbling" hmm.. does that make you a little hobbit? tee-hee-hee :)

did u reach 117?

Anonymous said...

hahah...lil hobbit.my legs aint fury enough.

i didnt. it was too painful, will try again today