Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hope

Highlights of the week: . . . .(or at least some of it) . . . had other interesting stuffs happening too :)

Received a card from a fellow sister from Open doors, i have never met her but it was just nice to receive a word of encouragement during this period of waiting.

A close brother decided to give me some of his 'economist' magazines and here am i, learning to be more aware of what's happening on a global scale. Not easy reads..but nevertheless, enjoying the learning.
And of course...wacky phone calls from back home..she actually sang me a song together with her 2 accomplices (even had a guitar to back her up)..


Songs which has encouraged me and i hope that it does for you too..

All the Way My Savior Leads Me (A cover of the hymn)
By Chris Tomlin

All the way my savior leads me
Who have I to ask beside
How could I doubt His tender mercy
Who through life has been my guide

All the way my savior leads me
He cheers each winding path I tread
He gives me grace for every trial
Feeds me with the living breath

You lead me,
You keep me from falling
You carry me close to Your heart
And surely your goodness and mercy
Will follow me

All the way my savior leads me
All the fullness of His love
All the sureness of His promise
In the triumph of His blood

And when my spirit clothed immortal
Wings its flight to realms of day
This my song through endless ages
Jesus led me all the way
Jesus led me all the way

Yang terutama di dalam hidup ini
Meninggikan nama Yesus
Yang terutama di dalam hidup ini
Memuliakan namaNya

Haleluya, Haleluya
Saya mau cinta Yesus
Haleluya, Haleluya
Saya mau cinta Yesus

Tuhan adalah kekuatanku

Bersama Dia ku tak akan goyang

Ku 'kan terbang tinggi bagai rajawali

Melakukan perbuatan yang besar

Ku 'kan terbang tinggi bagai rajawali

Dan melayang tinggi dalam kemuliaanNya

Biar bumi bergoncang dan badai menerpa

Ku 'kan terbang tinggi bersama Dia

Thank You for that Word of encouragement

On a different note, have just finished the book I bought by Tozer on worship and found it to be refreshing, learnt something from him which i'm 'trying'. He writes about how he sometimes just go to a corner with a Bible and a hymn book and seeks Him. He really waits for the Holy Spirit to come, sometimes hours. And of course, we all know that when the Holy Spirit comes, things happen. And so, i sorta thought..hmm..i worship the same God as Tozer, why can't i have the same experience or even more (check out John 14:12)..and so, i decided to practise waiting upon Him daily, and man...when the Holy Spirit comes..well..words are just not sufficient. One of the days, i just took my guitar and flipped open my Bible and just started singing the Psalms and interestingly, i can't remember the melodies of it. I believe that at that point in time, it was a natural response to Him and things like this can't be 'created' or repeated.

One of the things that i have been thinking, in terms of Christian living, is that why so many believers live such defeated dark cold lives and i've come to think at least for now (in my life experience) is that they have not encountered God. Moses encountered God and his face shone like crazy, Paul encountered God and he was changed..there would be a change when we encounter God, and i believe we will not have to then 'try' to be a child of God, we will automatically just be one.

Last night at OCF was amazing and i thank Him for all that He did and for what He said.

Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.

Let us then now 'work' on purifying our hearts. Yes, God purifies but we need to allow Him to. Tozer again writes about this analogy about us having a spiritual vacuum that only God can fill. A vacuum is a volume of space that is essentially empty of all matter, such that its gaseous pressure is much less than atmospheric pressure (Wikipedia). When a container containing vacuum is exposed, the outside forces gush in to equilibrate (make equal) the internal and external environment and likewise, all we need is to ask God to remove the sins that is blocking Him from filling us and once that is removed, the Holy Spirit just rushes in.

Random thought, why do we then sing 'open the eyes of my heart, i want to see You?' we should be singing 'purify my heart, i want to see You' :)

No comments: