Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thank You L

Had a very interesting night last night. L invited me for a dinner organized by the CMS (Church Missionray Society) of Australia. He went thinking it was just going to be a smallish dinner kinda thing with some sharing by some missionaries whilst I went just thinking, i'm a bit free now, why not just go and listen. 

To our surprise, when we got there, there were balloons everywhere, nice lights and some people in jackets and coats and the works. And there was so many people. The emcee welcomed us to their version of the Logies Awards dinner (Australia's version of the Oscars). So yea..we had a rather interesting time. :p

The food was great and the company was even better. Met some new people, saw some familiar faces from Evangelical Students and a gathering by Wycliffe i attended once. But I was just awed by the fact that I was in the presence of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, people whom I have never met and yet, we're family. I'm sure the majority of them were like church leaders/elders etc.

The theme of the night was 'reaching the unreachable' and as the night went on, well, I was just awed again at how God dosen't need us to champion His Cause. Listening to countless testimonies, I was just, 'Wow, You don't need me but yet, You invite me to follow You as You do Your work amongst us.' In one of the prayers, someone prayed, 'Thank You for allowing us to be part of Your Mission for the World.'..or along those lines

 'What is Your purpose for me in all this?' hmmm.....

It can be rather intimidating at times, and scary too. But all we need is to simply trust and obey. 

On the way back, i randomly grabbed 2 books just for more info and i just only had the time to read through them. One of them was called, 'Making a difference that lasts-a guide to preparing your Will'. What a book to take back from a nice evening dinner.

I was 'accused' once of being paranoid about death. While growing up, I always displayed fear of death. Like what if while travelling up to Cameron Highlands (a hill in Malaysia), there would be a land slide and we would all die kinda thing. It wasn't due to some incident or anything but i used to have terrible nightmares about death when I was 9ish, but that's another story.
Anyways, a fellow brother also sent me a link about someone going through her last few stages in cancer and not being afraid of death. Go have a look, i was encouraged from her testimony.


My head knowledge tells me that I have nothing to be afraid of death because of Jesus but my insticts still does not express it.

But yea, the whole point in this was just to remind myself of what is important and what isn't. 

Please pray for mum and sis, they're leaving on a mission trip today.

No comments: