Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pushing on



In light of my present sufferings, i am reminded of the Cross..yet again. I was grimacing in pain the other day as some machine was forcing my knees to bend and boy, do they hurt and i remembered the cross and what kind of pains He went through. It cannot be compared of course. It must have been incredibly painful for Him.


The picture above is the latest one on how my leg looks like. Swellings decreased already. Its much lighter now and im beginning to regain some strength there. Bruisings all over are from crazy physiotherapists who enjoy making you suffer.


haha.


It's from the excess bleeding from the op. But yea, these physiotherapists are real jokers man. They keep going, 'come on, push, push' or 'Today, doctor gave me license to make you suffer, muahahaha.' And us patients would be laughing at one another when one of us go through some excruciating exercises not knowing we are next. I was a victim.


I managed to hit 80 degrees yesterday without a machine. hehehe. so proud of myself. Then some aunty shouted from behind, 'ah boy ah...im already doing 70 and i just had my op couple days ago.'


potong stim man.


Pushing on today, my goal for the week, to rid of one crutch.
Did i mention, my new best friends are my crutches and they super cool looking brace i have to wear everytime i 'walk'. haha. And my new enemy is that stocking that i have to wear everyday to compress my veins and arteries to avoid DVT. They're soooo uncomfortable.
I am so grateful for the people around me. They have been so helpful. Bringing breakfast to bed for me, driving me around, helping me to shower...the list is endless.

:)
Off to physio. See ya. Gonna try 90 today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you Jin! You're doing great. Press on, and soon it'll be all alright and you'll be playing football again!

Remember the thorn in the flesh thing you told me last year? I've been truly encouraged by it ever since. And I'm sure this experience has brought you closer to God and learning to lean on him with every ounce you have.

Missing you from Adelaide,
Ee May