Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Home


It's good to be home. :)

Some pictures of the past few weeks. It's funny. I was so used to smiling at everyone anytime someone passes but I guess, KL people aren't just as friendly. I mean, I'm sure when one asks, 'How do you do?', you would doubt whether does he/she really earnestly wants to know how are you doing? But i see it as a sign of politeness and hospitality. Oh well...
Some pics and updates


Sent out the M team to a place where they needed to go.


Had a good meal with the committee. First time ever experience at a 'poshy' Cina restaurant in Adelaide. Notice the gold coloured book where the bill came with.

Finished placement at Helping Hand Ingle Farm with a presentation to 3 chaps which was a interesting experience.


I had to borrow a projector and bring my own laptop. Imagine carrying those stuffs and traveling for close to 1.5 hours. That was what i had to go through almost everyday for 4 weeks.


We had Dr. Omar Djoeandy at OCF that night (11th July). He's one of our CONVENTION speakers this year and yes, we are truly blessed to have him take a session and also give us a taste of what is to come. Am so PUMPED to see what he has to share with us from God during CONVENTION. It was an incredible night. God really spoke so clearly to so many and of course, when the Spirit of God comes, something HAPPENS. He thanked me for leading worship that night saying that I did a good job in preparing the 'hearts' for the WORD through songs and sharing and also 'moments'. On my part, it sorta confirmed what has been on my heart the past few weeks.

John 12:32 But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself.

Truly when God is exalted, well....GREAT and AWESOME THINGS HAPPEN.


Spent time with the Chen's. haha. it was a good evening :)


Received a kau-kau power book to keep me company. :) Thank You.

Had Dimsum with what was left of the committee. haha

Waited for a bit for Parents at KLIA as the flight landed early.

Went to KL Sports Medical Centre to see a certain Doc for my knee.

And now, going for a surgery this Friday (18th July) and will be hospitalized for the most 2 days and on crutches for at least 2 weeks and physiotherapy for 6 weeks. We did an MRI again today and found out that I have some underlying problems too apart from my TORN ligament. We spent about RM1410 alone today on scans and consultation. I did an MRI, Xray and a Doppler to find for clots or possible clots from the long flight yesterday. CRaaazzzYYYYY. And another expected 30k for the op. Thank God for wise PARENTS who bought INSURANCE for silly ol' me. If you can see the admission letter, it says that I will be going for some lateral release.
Yup, underlying problems..

My Patella (knee cap) is not in place. Apparently, it's not sitting on top of my bones properly. It's something like the image above. Not so serious though, just slightly tilted. Docs gonna cut some stuffs and 'release' some stuffs to let it sit properly. The cause is some inflammation at the sides of the kneecap and also from the Chronic ACL injury. I think its going to be related with the plica resection.

Original position.

I will be going for some 'meniscus shaving too'. I apparently have a congenital problem call discoid meniscus. Thank God the meniscus is intact. Meniscus is the layer of thingy in between the bones. From the top view, its supposed to look like a C, but mine's something in between of a C and an O.

Mine is something like that, but it gives you a rough picture of what mine is. Docs gonna drill a bit off. If i don't fix it now, it will lead to scarring and more knee aches and yes, my knee aches were probably from the meniscus thingy.

I really want to be back for E night but i guess that might not be possible anymore. Haha. Rehabs gonna take about 6 weeks and with the Op happening this Friday. Potentially, i'll be out of action in OCF till Sept.

Prayer partners, I will be going in for surgery at 2.30pm this Friday at KL Sports Medical Centre. The surgery should lasts for 3 hours but can go up to 6 hours if Doc finds more problem.
Some holiday eh.
But oh well, i guess i can take the time to just REST and catch up on some good books. On the way back, i realised that the past 6 months or so has been like a blur to me. It's like i had no break since Dec 07. Had to study in Dec, placements in Jan, Classes in Feb till April, then exams, then back to back Electives, then placements. It was like i went back to Adelaide to run 4000kms and now im taking a breather.
Food has been good though.
:)

No comments: