Monday, July 21, 2008

Waasssaaapppp

Pictures, in no particular order (not for the faint hearted, you have been warned :p)


Discharged on Sunday Afternoon. Had church with Father, Son and Holy Spirit on Hospital Bed :)






Right after the op, i was 'high' on some feel good drug.

Hospital jokers gave me frisbee as a free gift to motivate me. haha
Before ..


Hellllllooooooo world...
It has been an interesting week so far. Came back home to Klg on Tues night (15th of July), saw Doc on Wed, and had my first ever surgery on Friday which lasted for 4 hours. Thank God it went well. That was the easy part. haha. Hard part is the rehab and all the exercises which i must adhere to and also NO GAMES FOR 1 year. (maybe 9 months..hehe).

The staff was extremely professional. From the questions they asked to the way they handled themselves, i must say i was very impressed. Then again, the whole thing costs a bomb. They should be professional. haha.

Some interesting stories that i will not forget.
1. In the OT, i was the only male apart from the Doc who was operating and some other guy who helped carry me onto the table and all. So to distract my mind (the ladies could all see that i was nervous and all), they cracked random jokes like whtr i was attached or not and that most of the ladies there were single. But yea, they did their best to make sure i did not think about what was to come. Before i knew it, i heard someone say, 'injection coming in' and i felt the most excruciating pain on my back. I opted for spinal anaesthesia so that meant injection to the back. Best part was, the same voice then said, 'ooppss, i missed'. haha. Not her fault anyway, i was moving and all but the second one was straight on the spot. Right now, ive got 2 bruises on my back. Them jokers..haha. They pumped some drug into me and next thing i know, i was asleep. Mind was awake though, i could hear what they were talking but just could not respond. I was like in some semiconscious state.

And i think they injected some drug after the op to wake me up coz i woke up the moment i was wheeled into my room. Boy, was i hyper. They gave me some feel good drug too and i was literally 'high'. Some patients like that particular drug as it gives the same effect as alcohol minus the side effects. LOL. Was talking non stop to everyone and ate like a pig. I was thinking..that wasnt too bad. Few hours later, when the drug effects wore off and the anaesthesia lost its effect..haha..happy chinese new year man...pain like crazy....

2. Another incident, the morning after the op, i was taking a shower in the hospital toilet and i accidentally dropped my crutches. One of the nurse came running into the toilet to see whether i was alright. Yes, she saw me nude. haha. I was also wearing them backless gowns and i totally forgotten about it. Once when i was walking to the toilet, i was baring my bum bum to the whole ward. I had my disposable undies on of course but they had holes..i didnt realise until a nurse came n hold the gown for me at the back.
3. I got my leg hairs on my right leg shaved off.

yes, you must be laughing now. haha
On a serious note, i thank God for the people around me. I'm really limited in what i can do now. Getting into a car takes a llooonggg time. Going to toilet and getting in and out of bed leaves me breathless. God still provides. Like on Sunday, we didnt know how i was going to be transported home but thank God, a church uncle just came and offer his help with his van.

And really, this whole thing about the body of Christ and how one part affects the other. Its so true man. My knee affects my entire being now. It's uber inflamed now, all swollen up and it affects my mood and how i feel. Can be a bit depressing sometimes when you have to rely on people to help you even with the simplest stuff. And the pain....mum calls me big baby now oh well..hahha. Low threshold
And was reading P. Yancey's book on prayer and it described prayer as a total disregard of oneself and full dependance on God. Being in this condition that i am, I'm beginning to understand what it means to fully depend on Him.
Met new friends during physio today and suddenly had a fear. At 21, I'm having this already. If i dont look after it properly, whats going to happen when i hit 50.
Sigh.

3 comments:

yin said...

hey, hope you are recovering alright. Am thinking of you and and praying for you from Sydney

Wei Jin said...

thanks. it has been a crazy experience so far. your bro just picked me up from physio today and drop me home. so sweeeeeettt of him...LOL

yin said...

awhhh .. =)
When do you get back to Adelaide ?
Hope you arent still feeling as down..

Your sports clinic is right next to my college ! thats where I used to walk around for a whole year and a half ! oh there is awesome chicken rice just down the road from there ... its this inner lane with a lot of stalls. Go have it when you are feeling down alright? it makes me happy =)