Monday, June 30, 2008

Some thoughts

Thought 1
I was at a dinner last Saturday night and there were more females than males and someone made a statement about it. 
'Isn't that how it always is in Christian circles where there are more capable female leaders than male leaders?'
I spent the whole night trying to list out reasons as to why we see this trend not only Christian organizations but churches as well, or at least the ones that I have been exposed to.
Some of the reasons my mates and I came up with:
a. Guys take longer time to mature.
b. Guys are not given permission to be who they are. We feel insecure and sometimes require 'permission' or 'validation' of who we are.
c. We guys do not how to be intimate with God. Man to man? 

Haha. What do you think?

Thought 2
Chung En's leaving for DTS YWAM in Perth this Sunday (Singapore on Saturday first) to experience greater things that God has prepared for Him. That means I won't be able to hang with him till i dont know when. Haha. Some people that God brings into your life you know are God-sent. He's one of them for me. And i'm just feeling down coz did not have enough time together the last time i was home and now that I'll be back in mid-July, He won't be there.
Philippians 2:4 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
You have indeed been watching my back this whole time and i just wanted to say thank you. You are meant for GREAT things.
Time to soar.

:) 

Thought 3
Random pictures from the weekend.

You will be surprised at how much stuffs was stuffed into the pants. Just shows how much space there was

I walked into a pole for the first time in my life without knowing. I was talking and looking away and did not see the pole. The picture was obviously taken after it happened. Just wanted something to remember it. Haha.

 just realised i better do as much silly things as i can before i get to old and will be to embarassed to do it anymore.

Haha 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha!

your last photo is like a guy version of "Doing the Karen Cheng" :)

www.karencheng.com.au