Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Isaiah 43:18-19

I suscribe to Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life Daily Devotional and a whole host of other daily mails/updates/news/devos from other Christian ministries. So much so that sometimes i don't pay much attention in reading them, i just skim through them. hehe. I just like to expose myself to as much things as i can when i still can absorb. (more like try la ;P)

Today's entry from Rick Warren was interesting and somehow much relevant to me.

Isaiah 43:18-19
Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

*the computer labs here at uni just undergone a hardware update, we have uber cool huge screens now. Blogging has never been this fun!! haha, not to mention..wideeeeee*

I've been dwelling too much on the 'if only's. So much that i think it has paralysed me from doing things and being myself, and to move on.

I had a verse for the OCFer's during Kairos (OCF SA's annual leadership 'retreat') over the recent weekend. Joshua 3:5 "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you." I felt, especially in our local centre that a season is ending a new one is beginning, one filled with GREAT things. But before THAT can happen, there is a need for us to consecrate ourselves and to really put Him first in our lives, individually and corporately. Another verse came about on the following day of Kairos, Luke 9:23 "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."

Never saw it to be so real to me too. Actually, from past experiences, everytime i had a verse or a word for the people around me, it seemed to be so relevant to me too. Maybe its His way to make sure i don't swell up with pride.

I thank God for Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

and the promise from Isaiah that when His word is preached, it will not return to Him void.
(ish, can't remember where that's from)

and whoooosh, the Comforter arrives.

:)

No comments: