Monday, September 8, 2008

La la chai


*disclaimer: This post does not seek to stereotype people or accused others of bad fashion taste as the author believes that each individual has the right to dress and look in however they wish to a certain level. 


Manda said that my new haircut looks like a typical australasian look. (you should see students when they leave home for Australia to study-most of 'em will cut their hair short to save money on haircuts here and we all look so cute and youngish..haha. Went to this place opposite ACS Klang called Ahead just to try the place out before coming back to Adelaide)


A lot of the people here dressed what some Malaysians would call 'lala'-ly and they actually look quite cool. Even the asians here. I think its just the fashion. Something 'lala' back home would i guess be 'in' here. haha. And so when Manda said that, i was like.hmm..means, i look 'lala'. (boy, was i happy to be associated with a seafood.hehe. didnt get to eat my share of seafood when i was back because of an old wive's tale-seafood not good to eat during post op and i still cant eat them. ) Now i only need some tight jeans and tight black t and probably some blonde streaks in my hair. I've already got the necklace and i guess a bracelet would be a bonus. Not to forget the leather sling bag.


Pirated cd's anyone???hehe


The pharmacy guild ball is this coming Saturday, i might just go there dressed like a true Klangite. hmm..but seriously, what should i wear?

The picture above shows my new hairdo(actually come to think of it, not much diff also..oh well..haha) and me in a wheelchair at KLIA. Yup, i was in a wheelchair all the way from KLIA right to the moment i was picked up from Adelaide airport. You really get top priority. I got to cut queues and be the first to check in and first to get onto the plane, was even in the first row after the business class coz i need the leg space. There was about 8 of us which needed special attention ie wheelchairs, me and 7 other frail looking elderly people. One of them just went for a heart bypass. So yea, you can pretty much imagine everyone's awkward stares at me when we all passed them. I just held tightly to my crutch. haha

Last week at OCF, i jumped straight back into helping leading an Alpha group and we got a really interesting question. If God adopted us all as His children than Jesus should not be His only Son as said. How to answer?
I also realised that we sometimes see God through lenses. For example, if a child has bad relationship with his/her father or a bad picture of a father and never had a father figure in his/her life. The illustration of God as Our Father would not really appeal to her and strike her. But God is still the Father. How we see Him does not affect who He really is. And so i guess, i think we should learn to pray to ask God to move all this lenses that we use to see Him with to really know and see Him for Who He really is.

I'm looking forward to this Sunday. Can finally catch my breath and then maybe go for a swim after church.

:)

OCF Uni SA Agm is this Friday too. I will be stepping down from my current position. Oh boy..what's next??

No comments: