Sunday, October 21, 2007

Another lesson learnt

I learnt AGAIN today that i sometimes mix my passion and responsibilities up and i end up not-being-myself.

I have this theory that the Number one Disease that is affecting Mankind today is not AIDS but Insecurity. What say you?

I struggle with that A LOT, you know, "Am i good enough?Did i say something wrong?Did i not say enough?" type of questions. I am sure you go through your fair share of i-need-to-prove-to-people-that-i-am-secure-phase and end up being all pretentious.

But i have realized or at least for myself is that it all stems out from me being so conscious of what people think of me. People-conscious. It consumes me that i end up not being myself sometimes. I crave for assurance from men but i need to change that to assurance from God.

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

"that we may proclaim praises to Him." WoW

self-explanatory.

I realized also we find things to be our crutch sometimes. We try to draw our security from others or even ourself. When will we ever learn to have "confidence in Christ" and not ourself.

Our faith is one which is unseen.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

When will we ever learn to be secure in Christ and not ourself.

2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Time to get rolling and straightening our lives up with Him above.

Christ is coming soon. Are you ready to meet Him The King of Kings?

4 comments:

HobbiT said...

Yeap. Insecuri-itis.
Sounds like me. =)

jezamine said...

*smirk*

Anonymous said...

i think as long as you're a good person and just remember who you are, you shouldn't be swayed by others and what they think of you. it's what you think of yourself that matters.

and if you're not good enough or said something wrong, then work on being better, and not saying the wrong thing next time.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.