Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Something which i thought i would not share here

I went for a jog today along the Torrens River, it's been awhile since i last did that. (i did 5 k's..woohoo..thought i wouldn't last, but managed to pull through, hopefully knees won't give me any problem tomorrow)

On the way back, i saw these 3 old men (think beer belly, moustauche, spectacles, balding, mid-30's i would say). They were on these cool BMX bicycles with helmets and paddings and the works. I thought to myself, hmm... Next thing i know, they're jumping off cliffs and grinding on the rails. I was left speechless.These guys were 'cool'? haha.

A thought came to me, i was a huge fan of BMX stunt bicycles when i was younger. I used to go for the Asian X-Games in KL and just sit down and admire the riders flying through the sky or even doing flatland tricks.I remember pestering my parents to let me buy one and pick up the sport but they never allowed, with the excuse it's too dangerous.So i was left with the one and only thing that i was passionate about, football/soccer.

Now, it has been taken away from me and i didn't even had the chance to try riding a BMX bike at all. My point is yea, i thought i would be bitter towards my parents for not allowing me pursue my 'dreams' or even to allow me to go under the knife to fix that ruptured ligament of mine. I won't lie but yea, for a moment in life, i was. But i've learned to see things from a different perspective.

I used to tease my dad about will we ever own a BMW or a Merz?haha. He said, "Well, we could get the cheapest one now but that would mean that you can't go to Australia to study." I used to just laugh with him when he said those statements.

I've realised that my parents suppresed their personal desires to save the money for my siblings and i to study. They've sacrificed so much for us. I don't know what they felt when they found out that i tore my ligament and that i was to abstain from sports for the rest of my life.

I guess they were just as depressed.

Let's take it up another level. Our Father in Heaven gave His all when He allowed His One and Only Son to die for us on the cross. So few words but such love. I thank God that my parents have helped me in understanding more about His sacrifice.

With all that said and done, my only desire is to make My Father in Heaven and my parents proud.

I always pray for a miracle. But i'm beginning to understand that miracles don't always happen in ways we expect them to be. For His Ways are higher than ours. I just thank God that He has everything under control.
I receive whatever You have for me.

2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

No comments: