Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Holidays..what holidays?

A couple more days and i'm back to where Satay is not meat on a stick served with good ol kacang kari and where dirty hawker restaurants are a rare sight. It would be an overstatement if i said that i was dreading the day but then again, i'm not exactly looking forward to what awaits me there.

A very good 'little' friend :) with a huge heart did ask whether did i manage to do all that i wanted to during this holiday. I answered her no. I never had a list of things to do in the first place, i just had a rough idea of what i wanted to do during the holiday. Be pampered !! and pampered i was. Probably even more. LOL

But yea, this holiday has been a rather interesting one. I've learned so much of myself, grew so much, experienced so much, think much, said much, didn't do much but loved much. Never really had the chance to spend countless hours in front of the tele though, something which i really really wanted to do.

To my family who are not blood related, i really wanted to spend more time with you guys and i know i did not at all. I knew this was coming so that's why i made sure that i remembered every second that i had with you. From sitting next to you in church all the way to just a brief exchange of words when we were rushing to somewhere. I treasured those moments. If God allows, i hope we'll have more time together in the future.

I've learnt also to see the endless opportunities that are before me and how i've been so ignorant of them.

It's time to start licking the ice-cream before it melts.


Good ol buddy said 2008 is going to be a good year for the 2 of us. (Nope, he's not a fortune teller.) I said, 'sure or nottt????' he says, 'just wait and see'
For me, every year brings more drama than the year before so i'm not expecting any less. It's the year i'm turning 21 but then again, 21 is just a number.

I've been meditating on Proverbs 3:3-4 and Hosea 6:6 (and trying to memorize it, LOL)

Go have a read if you want.

No comments: