Tuesday, February 12, 2008

One more day. .

I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same

Soaring on the wings of selfish pride
I flew too high and like Icharus I collide


With a world I try so hard to leave behind
To rid myself of all but love, to give and die


To turn away and not become
Another nail to pierce the skin of one who loves

More deeply than the oceans, more abundant than the tears
Of a world embracing every heartache

Can I be the one to sacrifice
Or grip the spear and watch the blood and water flow

Take my world a - part
(To need you)

I am on my knees
(To love you)

Take my world a - part
Broken on my knees

All said and done I stand alone
Amongst remains of a life I should not own
It takes all I am to believe
In the mercy that covers me


I still find relevance to this song. It's going to be one of my old time fav's 20 years down the road.
Really, I have no one else to blame but myself. I don't even know what to do now. Every word of that song
seems to echo my emotions right now.

Mercy.




No comments: