Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thoughts

Just watched 'Remember the titans' again with the boys. Got me thinking. I have been blessed with the opportunity to watch some good movies recently. 'A Beautiful Mind' gave so many insights to what true love is and the importance of finding the right one. 'Facing the Giants' reminded us of how we should never ever NOT trust Him. And now, 'Titans' brought home another lesson.

It's a movie that i will never ever get sick of watching. I've watched it a couple of times already.

One of the characters Gerry Bertier(i googled his name) was involved in a car accident and was paralyzed from the waist down. He went on to become a Paralympic champion. I saw some similarities there.

What hit me was how he was thinking about paralympics from his hospital bed already. He moved on from his injury and didn't dwell on what had happened.

I won't lie. I still ask God today why.

I wish i could turned back time and well avoid that injury.

Football now seems to be an illusive dream. Not only football, competitive plays or just running it out and jumping around.

Should i still cling on to a Hope or learn to move on?

I wonder. .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I wanted to let you know that creators of Facing the Giants have just finished a new film that will be out in theaters this fall called, Fireproof.
Visit www.fireproofthemovie.com to see a teaser site. We'll have a full site up in a few weeks.

If you would like future updates to this movie (if you liked Facing the Giants, you'll love this movie) I would be happy to add you to our list.

I am part of the PR team promoting the film.

Thank you,
Monique

Unknown said...

Hi Monique,

Thanks for letting me know. I would love to receive future updates. How do we go about it?

Thanks again,
Wei Jin